- Seals’ “Catastrophic Molt”: A Natural ProcessIf you’ve spent time near the ocean lately, you might have noticed something unusual or even distressing. In late spring, all kinds of seals and sea lions are known to undergo a molting process. Sea lions have a much less dramatic molt, but seals have what is called a “catastrophic molt.”
- Record numbers of humpback calves spottedPhoto by SpringTide Whale Watching
- New Calf in L Pod. Welcome L125!Photo by SpringTide Whale Watching
- Orca Exhibition at the Royal Bc MuseumOpening April 16, 2021. ‘Orcas: Our Shared Future’. A new exhibition at the Royal BC Museum.
- How ‘Transient’ Orca are the new dominant groupHow ‘Transient’ Orca are the new dominant group Mammal eating Orca are becoming the dominant eco type. An interesting article published in The Atlantic. Read … Continued
- Storm Riders : Springtide Whale WatchingSpringtide is part of Tourism Vancouver Island’s ‘Storm Rider’ series. Read more …
- Will Victoria welcome cruise ships in 2021?Will there be cruise ships arriving in Victoria in 2021? Springtide CEO and Greater Victoria Harbor Authority CEO Ian Robertson respond to CHEK news.