We often get asked what the best activities are to do in Victoria. Although it may differ between each person, we have compiled a list of our crew’s favourite things to do.
We have broken down some of our favourite things to do by the days they happen.
Canada Day Celebration
Happening on July 1 from 10:30 am – 10:45 pm
Canada Day is an opportunity for people to gather and proudly celebrate Canada. Offering a full lineup of music and vendors, it’s a day to be celebrated by all.
- Full live music concert with stages
- Many food vendors
- Family fun zone
- Free red and white t-shirts available
- Fireworks show (10:20 pm)
Inner Harbour and BC Legislator Lawns.
Victoria Pride Parade and Festival
Happening Sunday July 7 from 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
Watch over 100 colourful groups & floats, or march yourself with local businesses, non-profits, the LBGTQ2+ community & their allies in Victoria’s biggest parade of the year. After the parade, join thousands in MacDonald Park in James Bay for a multifaceted queer-themed festival.
- Over 100 colourful groups and floats
- Live music (after the parade) on two stages
- Beer gardens and food trucks
- Giant vendor area and kids camp
- Showing your support for LBGTQ2+
The parade starts at Government street and Pandora and ends in James Bay. The parade is from 11:00 – 12:30 and the festival is 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
James Bay Community Market
Happening: Every Saturday from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm
You will be amazed at the variety of products available at the James Bay Market. Whether you’re a local in need of some fresh vegetables, or a visitor looking for that unique souvenir from Victoria, they’ve got you covered.
- handmade arts and crafts
- live music
- coffee, cold drinks and home baked treats
- fresh flowers
- locally grown fruit, vegetables
- hot and cold snacks
- children’s craft and activity tent
- and much, much more.
The Grassy area on the Corner of Menzies and Superior.
Friday Night Barge Party
Happening every Friday from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm (doors open at 4:30)
Celebrate the end of the week with food trucks, live music, craft beer and cider, and great company at Ogden Point!
The Barge sits near the popular Ogden Point breakwater, and attracts locals who come for the evening, and tourists who stop during a stroll to listen to a few tunes.
- Live Music
- Food trucks
- Featured local Craft Beers and Cider’s
- Meeting new people
- Date night’s
- Covered seating with heating available (rain or shine)
Directly beside the cruise terminal at Ogden Point.
Bastion Square Public Market
Happening Thursday – Saturday from 11:00 am – 5:00 am and a bigger market on Sundays from 11:00 – 4:00
The Bastion Square Public Markets is located in the heart of downtown Victoria just steps up from the ocean. On Sundays they offer a bigger market with a wider variety of local vendors. With it’s convenient location, this market is a must.
- Live Music
- Arts and crafts
- Unique selection of wood workers
- Pottery, jewellery, and leather workers
- Artists including photographers and painters
- Fashion designers and much more!
Directly beside SpringTide Whale Watching office located on Wharf street just up from the ocean.
Open Sunday – Wednesday from 11:00 am – 6:00 pm and Thursday – Saturday from 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
Just a short distance from the Inner Harbour, Fisherman’s Wharf is a hidden gem waiting to be discovered. This unique destination offers food kiosks, shops and kayaking adventures all in a unique harbour setting.
- Live Music (during peak times)
- Many food vendors including pizza, fish and chips, and burgers
- Unique selection of artists
- Marine Wild Life
- Drinks with friends on the dock
- Beautiful views of Victoria
Fisherman’s Wharf at 1 Dallas Road located in James Bay just a short walk from downtown.