An exciting opportunity has become available for those pursuing a career in the Marine Tourism Industry. SpringTide Whale Watching is seeking fully qualified 60 Ton Captains for our 2018 Season.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Overall responsibility for three hour Whale Watching Tours from April to October
- Responsibility for the safety of crew, passengers, the vessel, wildlife & the environment
- Responsible for delivering the highest possible quality whale watching tour
- Responsible for the continual maintenance and smooth operation of the vessel and each of its systems
- Responsible for the safe operation of the vessel in a punctual manner
- Responsible for maintaining safety equipment and following safety practices set by SpringTide
Rewards and benefits of this position:
- Spend your day in a world-class outdoor environment with fun, caring people
- Increase your Marine hours on a 60 Ton Vessel
- Meet people from all over the world and share the beauty of Victoria
- Impress your family and friends with Free Whale Watching!
The successful applicant will have a motivated and outgoing personality well suited to the Tourism Industry.
We are looking for individuals with:
- A friendly, outgoing, self-motivated person
- Must be passionate about the wildlife, the coastline and everything that makes Victoria so great
- A desire to be a team player, communicating positively and clearly with co-workers
- Flexibility in scheduling – weekend and evening work expected
- Local knowledge of Marine Wildlife and Coastline preferred
Please email your resume and cover letter to Joanne@SpringTideCharters.com. Those applicants who have the enthusiasm and skill set we are looking for will be contacted for an interview within 48 hours of application.